If you smoke:
• Reduce the amount you smoke, or better yet, quit altogether.
• Never smoke in the same room as your baby.
• Never allow anyone to smoke near your baby. Encourage household members to smoke outside or in a room away from the infant.
• Don't smoke before you breastfeed. Wait until your baby is finished or right before he or she takes a nap. This will allow the nicotine levels in your milk to drop before your baby nurses again.
• Install air filters, particularly in the room where your baby sleeps.
• Vacuum and dust your house regularly to reduce harmful pollutants.
Want to quit? Click here for more information.