A baby with special needs will benefit from breastfeeding even more than other babies (i.e., your milk is more easily digested and healthier for your baby). The special bond that comes with breastfeeding will help you feel calmer and more in touch with your baby. Talk with your peer counselor about any concerns you have.
If you are physically disabled, breastfeeding is also ideal for you:
- Breastfeeding is easy - there are no bottles to prepare.
- Going out with the baby is easier.
- Your baby will be healthier.
- You can rest when you feed your baby.
- Breastfeeding builds a close emotional bond and will make you feel good about yourself.