When You Return
If at all possible, make your return to work or school as gradual as possible.
• Arrange it so that your first week back starts in the middle of the week.
• Work a part-time schedule.
• Take days off in the middle of the week for a few weeks.
"Working and having a baby is hard. Breastfeeding is one way to connect with your baby. It is a way to blend those two parts of your life... The best breastfeeding is when you come home to your baby."
- Mary Turbek, IBCLC
When you go back, don't forget to dress for success.
• Wear something that can hide leaking.
• Dress in layers.
• Wear a top or blouse that buttons for easy pumping.
• Avoid materials that stain easily (e.g., silk).