Too Much Milk
It is possible to have too much of a good thing...sometimes mothers have too much milk. An overabundant milk supply is better than not having enough, but it can still cause problems!
Too much milk can cause babies to:
• Gulp or choke if your milk flows too quickly.
• Push away from your breast.
• Pull back or clamp down on the nipple to try to decrease the flow of milk.
Helpful Tips If You Have Too Much Milk:
• Feed from only one breast at each feeding.
• Experiment with different positions.
• Nurse in a reclined position or flat on your back.
• Try pumping before breastfeeding. When your milk flow slows, put your baby to breast.