Spitting up is a messy, but normal, part of having a baby. Breastfed babies spit up less than formula fed babies. Most of the time, spitting up doesn't bother the baby and as long as your baby is growing, gaining weight, seems comfortable, and is having poopy diapers, it probably isn't something to worry about. Talk to your baby's doctor if you are concerned.
Tips for dealing with spitting up:
• Keep feedings calm and relaxed.
• Try smaller, more frequent feedings.
• Take time to burp your baby.
• Keep your baby in an upright position and avoid moving around for a few minutes after each feeding.
• Keep a clean-up cloth handy.