Using Your Milk
Your breast milk does not necessarily need to be warmed up. Some moms prefer to take the chill off and serve it just a little warm, while others serve it cold.
• Thaw your frozen breast milk.
- In the refrigerator.
- Under running water – that is gradually warmed up, but NOT HOT.
- In a cup or bowl of warm water (NOT HOT).
• Before anything else, make sure your breast milk is safe to use. If it smells sour, throw it out.
• Use thawed breast milk within 24 hours.
• Do not refreeze thawed breast milk.
• Gently swirl the container to redistribute the fat and even out the milk.